Thursday, October 14, 2010

A nice Halloween treat that is fun to make.

   I first saw this idea here. I thought it was so cute. My stepson has a birthday tomorrow and since he loves Halloween I like to combine a Halloween party with his birthday sometimes...especially since he is usually with his mom for this holiday. The video shows how to do this but I'll quickly go over what I bought and how I did these particular treats. I will be adding hair tomorrow, so those pics will be uploaded then.
   I got 11 boxes of lime flavored jell-o. I also bought 1 package of gummy worms, some gummy eyeballs, fangs and fingers. The eyeballs were great. They came in 3 different colors and were very gushy. They work well with the jell-o. I found them at a local convenience store.



     I made the jell-o according to the directions...for this project, I boiled 11 cups of water, added it to the gelatin and then added the 11 cups of cold water. I poured it into the cups and placed them in the fridge till they were half set. Pulled them out and added the eyes, fingers, and worms. Then I put them back in the fridge to set all the way. I'm going to pick up some cotton candy and add that as hair and eyebrows. When I get around to it, I will post a picture of the finished monster treats.
   That's it. Simple, fun and the kiddies will love them.

7 comments:

Sandie lee said...

What a great idea! Love your blog =)

I'm your newest follower.

Sandie lee
http://imaginationcafeblog.blogspot.com

SAKT Homestead said...

Love it!!! I have dibs on the red cyclops in front *giggles*

Unknown said...

After the birthday boys choice I don't mind :) Thankyou guys.

SAKT Homestead said...

Mmmmm, loved them!!! I shall share about your post on my blog :)

Jamie Phillips said...

Super cute Idea!

Cathy said...

Oh, I love it! I'm a new follower from the blog frog.

Unknown said...

Thankyou and thanks for following, I will be sure to return the favor!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...