Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Inside The Cover: NIV Bible for Teen Girls by Zondervan


About this version:
This Bible is in the NIV translation. The goal behind the NIV translation is to take the living word of God and put it into terms that every English speaking person can easily understand. With older translations it was difficult for people to understand through the terms like "hath" and "begat". This particular Bible is also geared for teen girls. This means that they focused on issues teen would be facing and putting it into a format that jumped out to them and also put in extras that would bring it to life.

What I think:
I have always leaned towards teen Bible's because of the format they are put in. I love reading fiction for young adults as well. I may be 31 but I still don't like things to bore me or reading things that make me wonder. What I like most about Bibles that are for young adults is that they put real life examples and clearly define what is meant by the text. They inspire more hope and give greater understanding. The NIV Bible for teen girls is a great addition to our library and has become my go to Bible for church. Let me talk about the contents a bit.

First of all, it is hardcover, which I love. It make it more durable and easier for me to navigate with the cover bending. It starts off like any other with the Table of Contents, then has the books of the Bible, table of weights and measures (so we can see how much something would be for us today), the Topical Index (which is an index that shows you where to find verses or stories by topic such as "Picking yourself back up"), then there is the Index of Women of the Bible (to empower our young women to model themselves after the great women of the Bible), an index of Devotions for Growing in Faith, Hope and Love and then ends with the Concordance.

As you can see, there are so many things offered with this Bible. Each book has an introduction page. It tells when the events in the book happened, who was involved in the events, has a verse or two that you may recognize in the upcoming book and an overview of what the book is about and what is happening and how it can relate to us. All the fulfilled promises are highlighted in pink and throughout this Bible are fantastic devotions. This is the Bible I read to my kids at night with and take to church. It is exactly everything I need and like in my Bible because I feel that it should be more than just a text style book that you need to decipher and learn from. I am all about things coming to life so I retain it and understand it more and that is exactly what you get here. If you have a teen girl or like myself, like the young adult geared Bibles, this is a great option. Right now you can buy it on Amazon for $39.22 here.


I received this product for the purpose of review as part of the Book Look blogging program. The opinions in this post are 100% my own and may differ from yours.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...