Wednesday, January 12, 2011

::The Precious Moments Storybook bible review::

   I have an obsession with collecting childrens bibles. I like having a variety to read to the kids and I need different age levels because of the gap between my kids. I have always loved precious moments. So this was a quick grab for me and I was not disappointed. This bible is taken from the New International Children's translation and read in a way that kids will have an easy time understanding the stories (which include all the classics they love) In the front it has the family history, church history and presentation page. Then it dives into all the classic stories and praises from Psalms.
   In the back of the book it has a section for bible songs and prayers, including Jesus Loves Me, The B-I-B-L-E and prayers for different times of the days. It also has a couple pages for someone to write their own prayer in for the child that receives the book and a spot for their very own bedtime prayer. I love that it has these sections to really make it their own and maybe someday show their kids. the cover is hardback with that bubbled effect and all the pictures are the classic Precious Moments pastels. It is full of descriptive words and expressions to really get the child to imagine what it was like to be one of the characters or in that time. I have 3 boys and they all seem to enjoy and fully understand. Mind you, they have heard these stories alot lol but having the different vesions like I do helps keep them from getting bored. So don't let the fact that you already have a couple versions stop you from grabbing a few more!


I received this book from Booksneeze and was not paid for my opinion.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...